Circa: & William Shatner - Ponder the Mystery

feat. Sherwood, Kaye & White

Topic author
JJG
Ehren-Admin

Circa: & William Shatner - Ponder the Mystery

Beitrag von JJG »

Bild

"Kaptain Kirk" und Circa: geben Konzerte und veröffentlichen ein Album mit vielen Gästen
(u.a. Rick Wakeman, Al DiMeola, Steve Vai, Robbie Krieger ...). Man darf gespannt sein.
Obwohl Billy ja inzwischen einige Kritik ernten muss, so schafft er es immer wieder hoch-
klassige Leute zu gewinnen und wird von vielen Künstlern geschätzt.

Interessant dürften wohl diese Abende werden:
Hermosa Beach CA Oct 23 / Oct 24th at Canyon Club Agura Hills

Tickets:
http://www.5gig.com/concerts/William+Sh ... a+Hills-CA
"We are truth made in heaven, we are glorious" (Anderson/Stolt 2016)

Saaldorf

glassonyonpr

William Shatner New CD With YES Members

Beitrag von glassonyonpr »

For Immediate Release

William Shatner To Release Highly Anticipated Prog Rock Album Produced By Billy Sherwood (of Yes) With A Stellar Line-Up Of Guest Artists

Featuring: Rick Wakeman, George Duke, Robbie Krieger, Edgar Winter, Al Di Meola, Billy Sherwood, Edgar Froese, Steve Vai, Zoot Horn Rollo, Vince Gill, Mick Jones, Dave Koz, Nik Turner, Simon House and Joel Vandroogenbroeck

Los Angeles, CA - As word began to circulate about William Shatner’s newest musical project, the prog rock concept album Ponder The Mystery, critics and fans quickly realized it was a match made, if not in Heaven, then in the most glorious reaches of the galaxy. Shatner is after all an enormously popular and celebrated icon of science fiction fantasy, and no musical genre is as invested in, devoted to or driven by fantasy and the imaginative as progressive rock. And though Mr. Shatner is no stranger to the musical world, what sets this effort apart from previous endeavors is the fact that he co-wrote the album, penning a set of intensely personal lyrics for producer/multi-instrumentalist Billy Sherwood (of the prog rock institution Yes) to compose around. And now, after months of puzzled rumors, probing questions and ponderous speculation, the album is finally ready to be embraced by the general public; it will be released on CD, vinyl and digital formats October 8, 2013.

Joining the two Bill’s on this journey into the mysteries of human curiosity and consciousness is a group of virtuosos from numerous genres and fields, including guitarists Steve Vai, Al Di Meola and Zoot Horn Rollo, keyboardists Rick Wakeman and the late George Duke, saxophonists Dave Koz, Edgar Winter and Nik Turner, as well as The Doors’ own Robby Krieger and country legend Vince Gill. Many of these artists leapt at the opportunity to contribute to Mr. Shatner’s venture, such as Steve Vai who performs on the album’s eponymous single, and declares, “It was an absolute hoot to play on Bill’s track. It’s great to see and hear that after all these years his contributions are still fresh!” Longtime friend Vince Gill contributed acoustic guitars and mandolin to the album and shares this: “I’ve known William for awhile and have worked with him on one of his previous charity events. It was so cool for me to play on his new album. Overall, it really means a lot to be part of projects that William is doing at this point of his life. William is a special person and I really enjoy any chance that I get to work with him.”

Saxophonist Dave Koz offers this assessment of the project: “What I love most about this album is that it feels like all the musicians were in this big top - a sort of three-ring circus…you have all these talented people, each bringing their unique offering to the table. Then there’s Bill, the ring-leader, with a big smile on his face, inspiring us all to bring even more to the party. It was a blast, and I love the way it turned out. Unlike anything I’ve EVER done before. But then again, that’s what working with an icon will get you!”

Finally, Rick Wakeman sums things up nicely: “I’ve never adhered to the assumption that oil and water don’t mix...stir them hard enough and add a few other ingredients and they certainly will mix, and give an interesting and pretty unique result too. So I’m all for Progressive Shatner Rock and it was a pleasure to play on the album and be involved!”

Tracks include:
1. Red Shift
2. Where It’s Gone...I Don’t Know feat. Mick Jones
3. Manhunt feat. Simon House
4. Ponder The Mystery feat. Steve Vai
5. So Am I feat. Al Di Meola
6. Change feat. Rick Wakeman
7. Sunset feat. Joel Vandroogenbroeck
8. Twilight feat. Edgar Winter
9. Rhythm Of The Night feat. Nik Turner
10. Imagine Things feat. Vince Gil
11. Do You See? feat. Edgar Froese
12. Deep Down feat. Robby Krieger
13. I’m Alright, I Think feat. Dave Koz
14. Where Does Time Go? feat. George Duke
15. Alive feat. Zoot Horn Rollo

William Shatner will be performing his new record Ponder the Mystery in its entirety accompanied by the prog band CIRCA: featuring Billy Sherwood and Tony Kaye, famed keyboardist also known for his work with YES.

Performance dates and locations:
Wednesday, October 23, 2013: Saint Rocke, 142 E. Pacific Coast Hwy, Hermosa, CA 90254 (310-372-0035)
Thursday, October 24, 2013: The Canyon Club, 289 12 Roadside Dr., Agoura, CA 91301 (818-879-5016)
Friday, October 25, 2013: The Coach House, 33157 Camino Capistrano, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675 (949-496-8930)

Purchase Ponder The Mystery CD at Amazon: http://georiot.co/3VF

Download the album at iTunes: http://georiot.co/3EUD

For more information: http://williamshatner.com

Aprilfrost
Keymaster

Re: Circa: & William Shatner - Ponder the Mystery

Beitrag von Aprilfrost »

Hey, das liest sich ja wie eine All-Star-Band! Klingt gut.

Topic author
JJG
Ehren-Admin

Beitrag von JJG »

Morgen (08.10.2013) soll das Video zu "Ponder The Mystery" erscheinen:
http://www.trektoday.com/content/2013/1 ... -tomorrow/
http://www.amoeba.com/live-shows/upcoming/detail-2739/

Saaldorf

Topic author
JJG
Ehren-Admin

Beitrag von JJG »

[youtube]wfHWhNycrmk[/youtube]

Saaldorf

SOON
Website-Betreiber

Beitrag von SOON »

also mit seinen 82 ist Shatner mehr als Cool, auch wie er sich im Video präsentiert.
Sehr stark finde ich auch Billy's Gitarrenlicks.
MAKE PROG NOT WAR ! ---> ---> My 2023 Album Faves

Aprilfrost
Keymaster

Beitrag von Aprilfrost »

Ich muss zugeben, dass ich sowohl von dem Official Video als auch von den Hörproben
bei Amazon enttäuscht bin. Da zündet bei mir nichts. So spannend wie der Lokalteil
meiner Tageszeitung.
Trotzdem ist der Shatner cool. Da stimme ich zu.

Topographic
Keymember

Beitrag von Topographic »

Aprilfrost hat geschrieben: Trotzdem ist der Shatner cool.
Beinahe so cool wie Denny Crane! Billy Alan Shorewood hat gute Arbeit geleistet ;) .
Man muss diese Art spoken music - und wohl auch den Typen Shatner - wirklich mögen, sonst kann man mit seinen Alben eher wenig anfangen. Was Sherwood letztendlich dazu beigetragen hat - da mag ich mir aus den Hörproben noch kein Urteil erlauben. Ein wenig skeptisch war ich von Anfang an - aber der Titeltrack lässt sich nach mehrmaligem Hören gut an.

Topic author
JJG
Ehren-Admin

Beitrag von JJG »

Topographic hat geschrieben:aber der Titeltrack lässt sich nach mehrmaligem Hören gut an.
Die Komposition, Dramaturgie, Lyrics, Aufbau usw. des Songs ist alles ganz typisch Billy Sherwood.

Saaldorf

SOON
Website-Betreiber

Beitrag von SOON »

JJG hat geschrieben:
Topographic hat geschrieben:aber der Titeltrack lässt sich nach mehrmaligem Hören gut an.
Die Komposition, Dramaturgie, Lyrics, Aufbau usw. des Songs ist alles ganz typisch Billy Sherwood.
Mein Problem mit Sherwood-Songs sind die meist fehlenden memorablen Melodien und die gestylten Chorgesänge.
Er ist ein ausgezeichneter Instrumentalist, hat einen eigenständigen Produktionsstil aber seine Songs sollte er besser ausfeilen und weniger am Fließband arbeiten.
Das ist die 80er-Jahre Melodicrock-Schule, da würde er sehr gut mit Geoff Downes harmonieren.
Den Clip oben find ich aber wirklich gut obwohl ich nicht so auf Spoken Word stehe.
Boston Legal sehe ich gerne in der Glotze, nur verpasse ich es meistens.
MAKE PROG NOT WAR ! ---> ---> My 2023 Album Faves
Antworten

Zurück zu „CIRCA“