Sterbedatum: 07.03.2013
Sterbeort: London
Ehemalige Bands: Flash, Badger

JJG
Ehren-Admin

Re: Peter Banks verstorben

Beitrag von JJG »

Letzter Beitrag der vorhergehenden Seite:

Im November/Dezember hatte ich mit seinem Manager kontakt. Ich hatte um ein Interview gebeten.
Die genaue Antwort weiß ich nicht mehr, aber er hieß es/er ist schwierig (ihn) zu erreichen. Zwischen
den Zeilen hab ich schon vermutet, dass es ihm nicht so gut geht.

Rest In Peace Peter!

[youtube]VZ7ROgUvL9M[/youtube]

[youtube]u597zuajp3w[/youtube]

[youtube]aDigs6UMVjY[/youtube]

[youtube]8Sjxnnx-jqU[/youtube]
"We are truth made in heaven, we are glorious" (Anderson/Stolt 2016)

Saaldorf

jomo

Beitrag von jomo »

Hi,
here´s another link, with some very rare recordings of Pete with the band. worth checking out.

http://psychosync.info/flash/media/audio/

the track ´I see you` really shows Pete´s skills.

Fragile
Alumni-Admin

Beitrag von Fragile »

Hier auch noch ein paar Nachrufe aus deutschsprachigen Medien. Man geht dort übrigens davon aus, dass die Todesursache wohl Herzversagen war.

http://www.rollingstone.de/news/meldung ... t-tot.html

http://www.t-online.de/unterhaltung/mus ... .html?news
He's seen too much of life,
and there's no going back...

JJG
Ehren-Admin

Beitrag von JJG »

Leider hab ich Peter nie live gesehen, mir war auch unverständlich, dass er eigentlich nicht mehr
richtig mit Gitarre und Band unterwegs war. Nach dem Yestival 1994 hatte ich die Hoffung, dass
er mal richtig auf Tour geht. Wirklich schade ... :(

Saaldorf

Der Teemeister
Keymember

Beitrag von Der Teemeister »

Aus dem japanischen Booklet von Flash - "Flash".
@ Teemeister - ein ähnliches Bild, wie Dein gepostetes, ist auch im Booklet dieser CD zu finden.
Jo, habe alle drei, und die booklets verwechselt. Für' s hier Einstellen habe ich auch
noch die Hälfte weggeschnitten, darum nur "ähnlich".

JJG
Ehren-Admin

Beitrag von JJG »

Hier läuft auch Flash:

Bild

@ Teemeister - ein ähnliches Bild, wie Dein gepostetes, ist auch im Booklet dieser CD zu finden.

Übrigens schaffte es "Small Beginnings" in den Usa sogar auf Platz 29 der Single US Top 100

Saaldorf

JJG
Ehren-Admin

Beitrag von JJG »

Anne Corris hat auf Jon Andersons Fanpage hat geschrieben:Friends of Yes & in particular Peter Banks. It has been since last Thursday Mar 7 that Peter passed away. He found at his home on Fri Mar 8. His body is still in the morgue and not being claimed because he has no family, and only an ex-wife who doesn't wish to assist. He may be cremated by the morgue and his belongings taken into custody by authorities. His ex needs to at least to tell the morgue that his friend(s) can take over. Then, they will want fees for cremation and delivery of his remains. Peter's belongings are still safe. But, there will be a need to sort this out with helping hands. I may even have to go to London. There is now a PayPal account set up to donate, which is connected to Pete's friend of 40+ years, George Mizer. I stand by George, he is a good friend. The PayPal account is: themiz@peterbanks.net and ready to accept any donation amount. The expenses that will need to be covered are cremation, urn, travel from USA to London, other fees and expenses regarding Peter's belongings which could be auctioned to help pay for this as well. Again, the account is themiz@peterbanks.net.

Saaldorf

JJG
Ehren-Admin

Beitrag von JJG »

Tribute to Peter Banks:

Tribute to Peter Banks --The Prog Collective - Social Circles (Feat. Annie Haslam, Peter Banks )

[youtube]lsux7LHMpuE[/youtube]

Saaldorf

JJG
Ehren-Admin

Beitrag von JJG »

[youtube]zmh-laizqzQ[/youtube]

Saaldorf

JJG
Ehren-Admin

Beitrag von JJG »

Remembering Peter Banks:

Oliver Wakeman hat geschrieben:I thought that I would start with a few thoughts about Peter. For those of you who aren't aware of Peter and his work, Peter was the original guitarist with Yes back in the late 60's and worked on their first two albums. I enjoyed performing Astral Traveler when I was in Yes and it was great fun to play on a track that was linked to this early incarnation of the band.

However, Peter and I did work together on a couple of my albums back in 1999 and 2001. My first rock record 'Jabberwocky' (a collaboration with Clive Nolan) featured Peter heavily as the main lead guitarist and he came up with some amazing parts.

He worked in a slightly unusual way in so much that he was a great improviser and never played the same part twice - he'd give you lots of great solos in their entirety to chose parts from. He also had a wonderfully jazzy style which was best represented on the Jabberwocky album with his great solo in Coming to Town. I'd originally written the jazzy chords with the idea of having a sax solo (in fact the original demos have me doing a sax solo on a keyboard) but when Peter put his jazz solo down, all thoughts of a sax solo were soon forgotten.

The record came out whilst I was working on my next album 'The 3 Ages of Magick' which featured Steve Howe. I played Steve some of the album and he was genuinely impressed with the guitar work he heard - 'Is that really Peter..?' I remember hearing him say in his studio in Devon during one of our arrangement sessions.

Peter & I got together again for the followup to Jabberwocky, 'The Hound of the Baskervilles' and again Peter came up with some great - completely unique - guitar lines. His solo on my track 'By Your Side' is particularly gorgeous and completely unexpected in construction and approach.

Peter and I kept in touch for a while afterwards but as is often the way, paths take different directions and I hadn't been in contact for a few years. But I am proud to have met Peter and I'm even more proud that I have some of his performances on 2 of my albums. RIP Peter Banks, thanks for the music.

About the photo…
It's quite an unusual and rare photo of myself with Steve Hackett, Peter and Martin Hudson (then the editor of the magazine)! It was taken at the Classic Rock Society awards night in November 1999. If I remember correctly Steve and Pete then jammed together on stage at the end of the night.

Oliver Wakeman
Bild

Saaldorf
Antworten

Zurück zu „Peter Banks (†)“