Rick Wakeman Feat. On Vivian Stanshall's “Sir Henry At Rawlinson End” Soundtrack

Bei Yes: Keyboarder 1971 - 1974, 1976 - 1980, 1990 - 1992, 1995 - 1997, 2002 - 2004
Instrumente: Tasteninstrumente
Geburtsdatum: 18.05.1949
Geburtsort: London
Aktuelle Band: Solo ; YfARW
Ehemalige Band: Strawbs

Antworten

Topic author
glassonyonpr

Rick Wakeman Feat. On Vivian Stanshall's “Sir Henry At Rawlinson End” Soundtrack

Beitrag von glassonyonpr »

For Immediate Release

Bonzo Dog Band's Vivian Stanshall's “Sir Henry At Rawlinson End” Soundtrack by Michael Livesley and Brainwashing House feat. Rick Wakeman and Neil Innes To Be Released

“A tour-de-force and a work of Art” - Neil Innes

London, UK - Vivian Stanshall, widely acknowledged as one of the most influential recording artists of the 20th Century may sadly no longer be with us but the incredible words he created live on via the celebrated rave-reviewed recreation of his meisterwerk 'Sir Henry at Rawlinson End' by actor, singer and comedian Michael Livesley accompanied by his trusted Brainwashing House band.

Originally created for John Peel's Radio 1 show in the 1970's, Sir Henry at Rawlinson End - the meandering gin-soaked saga of a crumbling English stately home and the grotesques who inhabit it headed by the heroically drunk Sir Henry - perfectly distilled and encapsulated Viv's absurdly hilarious wordplay and songwriting which first hit the public consciousness during the 1960s via his work helming the cult Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band.

The show, now in its 6th year and with the full blessing of the Stanshall family, has earned the praise of Viv's fans, friends and celebrity fans alike including keyboard wizard Rick Wakeman who, due to his admiration for Michael's interpretation, has joined the show on piano as a guest many times. This has led to RRAW Records, the exciting new label from Rick and music industry veteran Robin Ayling, proudly presenting this brand new original cast recording of this critically acclaimed stage show as their debut LP release. The recording features Rick guesting on piano, and also Viv's Bonzo bandmate and sometime Rutle and Monty Python member Neil Innes plus Viv's favourite violinist Susie Honeyman of The Mekons.

Tracks:
1. Aunt Florrie's Waltz
2. Interlewd
3. Wheelbarrow
4. Socks
5. The Rub
6. Nice 'N' Tidy
7. Pigs 'Ere Purse
8. 6/8 Hoodoo
9. Smeeton
10. Fool & Bladder
11. Endroar
12. The Beasht Inshide
13. Junglebunny
14. Aunt Florrie Remembers
15. Rawlinsons & Maynards
16. Papadumb

Here's what's being said about Vivian Stanshall's “Sir Henry At Rawlinson End”:

“Michael Livesley embodies to perfection the spirit and brilliance of Vivian Stanshall and adds his own measure of outrageous talent too” – Stephen Fry

“Sir Henry's bluster and his epic lack of drawing room manners are still winning fun. All very odd, all very Stanshall!” - Clive Davis, The Times

“A work of lyrical genius and poetry, on a different plane to the rest of the world” - Rick Wakeman

“What a night, an ensemble of madmen at their best, smashing!” - Rupert Stanshall, Vivian's son

“Brilliant! Berserk! Simply wonderful!” - Suzanne Moore, The Guardian

“Livesley's performance gives weight and truth to that old theatrical cliché - a comic tour-de-force” - Andrew Male, MOJO

“A distorted-mirror celebration of English eccentricity rooted in a riot of linguistic lasciviousness” - Andy Gill, The Independent

For more information please visit www.sirhenrylives.com

Videos:
“Wheelbarrow” (one of the show numbers) -
“Ginger Geezer” (encore from big London show) -

To purchase Vivian Stanshall's “Sir Henry At Rawlinson End” soundtrack:

Press inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, PH: 828-350-8158 (USA), glassonyonpr@gmail.com

JJG
Ehren-Admin

Re: Rick Wakeman Feat. On Vivian Stanshall's “Sir Henry At Rawlinson End” Soundtrack

Beitrag von JJG »

thx, for information Billy
"We are truth made in heaven, we are glorious" (Anderson/Stolt 2016)

Saaldorf

SOON
Website-Betreiber

Re: Rick Wakeman Feat. On Vivian Stanshall's “Sir Henry At Rawlinson End” Soundtrack

Beitrag von SOON »

skurril! :biggrinn:
MAKE PROG NOT WAR ! ---> ---> My 2024 Album Faves

jomo

Beitrag von jomo »

I used to listen to this as part of the John Peel radio show in the 70´s. Viv was a genius of the highest comedic calibre.
I know most of the songs on this album and can still sing them and play them on the ukulele ! I just pre ordered it, thanks so much for promoting this album.
Check out the thread ´my favourite guitar solos ´and listen to the brilliant and unrepeatable guitar solo from the song `Canyons of your Mind `by the Bonzo dog doo dah band. As I said; Pure comedic genius !

john

Member Z
Keymember

Beitrag von Member Z »

Hi Jomo,

by the Way
in Memory from the 70s... :biggrinn: :

this Hit
[BBvideo 360,250][/BBvideo]

nixe
Keymaster

Beitrag von nixe »

Do you speak english??? Honey, I now!!!
Tschüß
nixe

Musik hat die Fähigkeit uns geistig, körperlich & emotional zu beeinflussen!

!!!I like Prog!!!

!!!Wenn die Sonne der Kultur niedrig steht, werfen selbst Zwerge lange Schatten!!!
Antworten

Zurück zu „Rick Wakeman“