Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Forumsregeln
Die Threads werden automatisch nach Namen der Interpreten (alphabetisch) sortiert. Viel Spaß!

Topic author
BBQ.Master
Keymember

Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Beitrag von BBQ.Master »

Mit der Reunion wurde es zwar nichts, aber dafür geht es bei der Website voran: http://www.emersonlakepalmer.com/
"It's better to burn out than to fade away ...because rust never sleeps." - Neil Young

Bild

Fragile
Alumni-Admin

Re: Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Beitrag von Fragile »

Letzter Beitrag der vorhergehenden Seite:

YES via Facebook:
We are devastated to hear the sad news of the passing of the legendary Keith Emerson. Keith has been a close friend and collaborator with many of the YES family over the years, and our thoughts and condolances are with his family at this time.
~ YES

BILLY SHERWOOD via Facebook:
"I'm absolutely shocked, stunned, sad and in disbelief.... I had just spoken to Keith last week or so. He was his normal jovial, cordial and kind self. What an amazing, ground breaking pioneer of synths he was. The compositions he created will be listened to for many generations to come. Young, musical minds who discover one of the best keyboard players on the planet will appreciate and love him as we all did. Condolences, thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends and especialy Mari. I treasure this pic with Keith, back stage at the The Canyon Club in LA after the ASIA Concert... (Wetton, Palmer, Rabin, Sherwood, Emerson & Mari)"
~ Billy Sherwood

GEOFF DOWNES via Facebook:
"Devastated to hear of the death of the greatest rock keyboardist ever, my dear friend Keith Emerson. A true genius and inspiration. ‪#‎rip‬ Farewell dearest 'Fingers' - simply the greatest. So sad. Privileged to have known you, sir. ‪#‎keithemerson‬ 🎹 🙏 🏼 "
~ Geoff Downes
He's seen too much of life,
and there's no going back...

biggenerator
Keymaster

Beitrag von biggenerator »

Carl Palmer hat nachfolgendes geschrieben und ein Keith Emereson Tribute-Konzert für Juni 2016 angekündigt:

++++++++++++

To everyone who posted such wonderfully kind thoughts and tributes following Keith’s tragic death I would like to say the following:
I will deeply miss Keith and I want you all to know I will carry on flying the ELP banner and playing the great music with my band for many years to come. We have lost a very talented and gifted musician but this great music will continue for a long, long time. I will be looking at putting together a tribute show to Keith Emerson hopefully in June this year, and I hope this is something you will all want to come along and see to help celebrate his music. This I feel, is the very least I can do to honour Keith’s talent and musicianship in the best way I know.
Thank you again
Carl

++++++++++++

biggenerator

Fragile
Alumni-Admin

Beitrag von Fragile »

ALAN WHITE via Facebook:
I am shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the death of my good friend Keith Emerson. It was just over a month ago we sat having a drink and a laugh together at the NAMM show. He was there with Mari, relaxed and in good spirits—we always seemed to have much to discuss.

An amazing showman with unequaled musical talent and energized stage presence, his love for his craft was evident in everything he did. He loved to perform and entertain, he was truly one of a kind.

Keith was also my friend. Going back to late 60's, early 70's in England, we were comrades in what became labeled the Progressive Rock movement; Yes, ELP, Genesis; we traveled down similar paths and had many mutual friends.

These early days always bring back fond memories but many of those musicians are no longer with us today. It's hard for me to believe that Keith is gone, a tragedy for the world but a devastating loss for me and the many who loved him.

Here's a short clip of the last time I performed with both Chris and Keith at the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute in 2007

[BBvideo 360,250][/BBvideo]

RIP Keith.
Alan

RICK WAKEMAN via Facebook:
From Rick, "Steve Brant kindly tweeted this photo of myself and Keith and it is devastating what has happened and I heard the news shortly after it had happened and that was just before going on stage with my son Adam. Keith and I always got on great and had tried on numerous occasions to produce an album together, but it never happened because of third parties interfering, which upset us both. We did jam together on a couple of occasions and knew we could have produced something quite special, but sadly that was never to be. My heartfelt love goes out to Mari and all the extended family. I will miss you."
- Rick Wakeman

Noch einmal GEOFF DOWNES via Facebook:
Roll the clock back to 1969. I remember seeing The Nice at the Isle Of Wight Festival, and witnessing this amazing guy on the Hammond Organ performing not only with extreme virtuosity, but also with outrageous theatrics on the stage. It started an incredible journey for me as it opened up a whole new concept of how the keyboards could play such an integral part in rock music, not only musically but also - visually. This was what I wanted to do, and here in front of me was the ultimate role model – Mr. Keith Emerson.

I was fortunate over the years since, not only to have been influenced very heavily by his playing, but also through various connections to become a good friend of the man I had admired from afar almost 50 years ago.

It was only last month we had drink together at the NAMM show in Anaheim, CA. Always a funny, upbeat gentle man with a plethora of anecdotes about life in the music business, it seems unreal that he is now no longer with us.

But I have to thank him enormously for the many words of encouragement he gave me over the years, always a gentleman with an ironic twist on life, that for someone who had achieved so many accolades over the years he remained very humble and down-to earth. Yes, the sort of guy you could sit down and have a quiet chat and a drink with – always personable.

This was the thing that struck me most considering the amazing career he had had, there was never any hint of egotism. He was undoubtedly the godfather of rock keyboards - a pioneer, genius, the greatest of his generation without shadow of a doubt.

He will be sadly missed by all who were fortunate enough to know him either personally or through his incredible music. Keith Emerson, may you rest in peace.

GD
He's seen too much of life,
and there's no going back...

Member X
Keymaster

Beitrag von Member X »

Nun hat sich Greg zu Wort gemeldet. Seine Ausführungen gehen in die Richtung, die ich auch als ursächlich für Keith's Freitod vermute:

Greg über Keith

olias1

Beitrag von olias1 »

Ein Artikel über Keith Emerson mit Yes-Bezug.

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2016/04 ... ike-tiano/

Bild
Squire-Howe-Black-Anderson-White-Wakeman-Emerson

olias1

Beitrag von olias1 »

2016 ist nicht das Jahr von Emerson, Lake & Palmer.

Im März war es Keith Emerson und gestern hat Greg Lake den Kampf mit dem Krebs verloren.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38251936

http://greglake.com/

Wie mich ein Freund hingewiesen hat ist jetzt Emerson, Lake & Powell wieder vollständig. Einer Re-Union im Jenseits steht nichts im Wege.

RIP Greg

Member X
Keymaster

Beitrag von Member X »

So, hier würde ich auch nach dieser Info suchen:
Topographic hat geschrieben:Rick Wakeman ist "Special Guest" beim Konzert "Keith Emerson - A Musical Celebration Of His Life" am 28.Juli in Birmingham.
Emerson - Celebration

Wird sicher ein außergewöhnliches Konzert, auch weil Rachel Flowers mit dabei ist. Für die blinde Keyborderin begeistere ich mich seit Jahren - bekannt wurde sie auf Youtube durch ihre ELP-Interpretationen.

Bin ja mal gespannt, wer sich um Greg's Gedenken und Vermächtnis bemühen wird ...

yessongsforever

Beitrag von yessongsforever »

soundmunich hat geschrieben:So, hier würde ich auch nach dieser Info suchen:
Topographic hat geschrieben:Rick Wakeman ist "Special Guest" beim Konzert "Keith Emerson - A Musical Celebration Of His Life" am 28.Juli in Birmingham.
Emerson - Celebration

Wird sicher ein außergewöhnliches Konzert, auch weil Rachel Flowers mit dabei ist. Für die blinde Keyborderin begeistere ich mich seit Jahren - bekannt wurde sie auf Youtube durch ihre ELP-Interpretationen.

Bin ja mal gespannt, wer sich um Greg's Gedenken und Vermächtnis bemühen wird ...
Vielen Dank soundmunich und topographic für diesen tollen Tipp!!!! Werde alles dransetzen, um dahin zu kommen......

rowoma

Beitrag von rowoma »

eine gewissermaßen etwas schräge Reminiszenz an Keith Emerson und Greg Lake - klingt aber nicht schlecht und ich glaube, beide hätte ihren Spaß daran... :mocking: :ohman:

Aprilfrost
Keymaster

Beitrag von Aprilfrost »

rowoma hat geschrieben:eine gewissermaßen etwas schräge Reminiszenz an Keith Emerson und Greg Lake - klingt aber nicht schlecht und ich glaube, beide hätte ihren Spaß daran... :mocking: :ohman:

Irgendwie auch ein bisschen gruselig, aber trotzdem sehr kurzweilig. Hoffen wir, dass so nicht die Konzerte der Zukunft aussehen.

rowoma

Beitrag von rowoma »

War auch mein Gedanke - aber es wird auch in der Zukunft das menschliche Moment brauchen, um die Säle zu füllen - unvergessen: der völlig verhaute Einsatz bei "I've seen good people" in Offenbach - zum Brüllen komisch, für das Publikum und für die Musiker gleichermaßen....
Antworten

Zurück zu „Bands/Musiker E“