Top 5+ - Album Cover

Topic author
SOON
Website-Betreiber

Top 5+ - Album Cover

Beitrag von SOON »

Welche Covers gefallen denn euch am besten.
Es gibt natürlich unzählige tolle Cover.
Größe: 500x500

BildBildBild
BildBildBild
MAKE PROG NOT WAR ! ---> ---> My 2024 Album Faves

BBQ.Master
Keymember

Re: Top 5+ - Album Cover

Beitrag von BBQ.Master »

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Yessongs zählt natürlich auch dazu.
"It's better to burn out than to fade away ...because rust never sleeps." - Neil Young

Bild

Eric

Beitrag von Eric »

Schwer zu sagen. Mir ist wichtig, dass das Cover auch irgendwie zur Musik passt. Auch ein sehr schlichtes Cover kann ein gutes sein.

Was mir so spontan eingefallen ist:

hab ich leider nicht größer gefunden:
Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Leider auch etwas kleiner, aber nach wie vor einer meiner alltime favorites :p :o :D
Bild
Dio mio! Da hatte geklingelt die Telefon!

Wakey's #1 Fan

Beitrag von Wakey's #1 Fan »

Die fallen mir spontan ein:

eigentlich alle Dean Covers, aber dieses gefällt mir besonders gut:

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

und natürlich Pink Floyd's Dark Side, die wurde schon genannt.
Poké-, Apple- und Yesfan!

Bild

Member X
Keymaster

Beitrag von Member X »

Nachdem Nina schon einen halben Meter Bilder eingefügt hat ( ;) ) halte ich mich zurück und bringe nur eines: Besser kann man eine Gibson Firebird nicht umsetzen und man siehtt, wie sexy Gitarren sein können (ich such noch einen Schneider, der das realisieren kann :D ):

Entdeckt durch ebay (Nr. 370314836508 - davonn zitiert der nachfolgende Text); bei amazon.de habe ich nur download-Möglichkeiten gefunden.
NEW FERRIS MUDD – S/T 2007 Release on the bands own label.one of the most promosing progressive rock debut cds of the year Ferris Mudd combines the classic era sound progressive rock with more modern bands such as Spock's Beard, Radiohead, Marillion, and Porcupine Tree. This combination goes beyond the typical clone bands with something fresh sounding, at least to my ears. This band has such great potential to be spoken in the same sentence as any of the bands mentioned above.. Read on for plenty of excellent descriptive comments DPRP REVIEW ;On first listening, I was predisposed to like this album because, improbably to some extent, the lead singer, Steve Richard, often sounds uncannily like Lee Abraham, whose excellent album View From The Bridge I reviewed a year or two ago. Not only that, but halfway through the first song is a multilayered vocal break that sounds near as dammit like the doo-doo-doos from any number of mid-70's Yes songs. Well – a good start. And I have to say that the album as a whole doesn’t disappoint. What we have here is an extremely listenable album that feels (not sounds but feels) to me more than anything like a second-cousin of early (but post-Barrett) Pink Floyd. What I mean by that is that the album is predominantly pensive rather than energetic, relying in its instrumentation fairly heavily on acoustic guitars and seventies-sounding synthesizers, most of the songs mid-tempo and well-constructed. So, despite a lead-guitar sound that often reminds me of Steve Hackett’s or Steve Rothery’s, and despite of course those Yes-sounding doo-doo vocals, this is progressive rock not in the Yes/Genesis vein but in the typically 4/4 Pink Floyd vein. It’s an album that both sounds good on first listening and improves on repeated listenings. And one of the most impressive things here is the range of sounds produced by a three-piece band. All three are multi-instrumentalists, and expert ones. Steve Richard not only sings but also plays lead and acoustic guitars, and bassist Danny Dicus plays acoustic guitar and keyboards as well, as does drummer Lester Meredith. What the band produces is a nice layered sound, but not too layered – that is, this is not one of those albums that seems to have every space crammed full of notes just for the sake of it. Often enough, the acoustic guitars form the base of a song, and there will be keyboards in there somewhere, but the melody is always paramount. RANDOM WEB REVIEW ; Ferris Mudd comprises of three young men who had been playing in various bands and had been admirers of each other's ability before the idea arose of trying to play together. They realised they had a lot of common interests in terms of music and so they decided to give it a go. They formed the band Ferris Mudd and started writing music for their debut CD and at the end of 2006, they were finally ready to show what they were made of. By their own admission, they have a variety of influences from various musical styles: Elvis Costello, Rush, Steely Dan, Kansas, Alan Parson's Project, Paul Simon, Jeff Back, Porcupine Tree and Spock's Beard, to name a few. This shows the variety of styles that I was expecting them to incorporate into their music but it was in fact quite different. For the most part I was reminded of Porcupine Tree, most particularly the last three albums. There are some other influences as well, but none as strong. The music is dominated by the interplay of electric and acoustic guitar, with occasional keyboard segments to liven up the songs. There are also some interesting percussion parts that somewhat break the monotony. Like in Porcupine Tree, the vocals are also multi-layered on several occasions (especially the chorus lines), but unfortunately the leading vocals (and lyrics) are quite weak, which is a real shame since the band is focused so much on that aspect of their music. The bass player and drummer are both adequate but not remarkable, except when they play additional percussive instruments or keyboards. For most of the time, the guys from Ferris Mudd create some very catchy melodies with nice hooks, but the songs don't seem to be developed enough for my liking. The songs basically all have the same structure of verse, chorus, verse, chorus, (bridge), (solo), verse, chorus. I just wish they'd be a bit more adventurous and add some interesting twists. The songs are usually dark or melancholic in regards to lyrical themes and the same could be said for the music. A bit more variety here wouldn't hurt either. Even though they do show influences from various artists I have already mentioned, Ferris Mudd remind me mostly of Porcupine Tree's In Absentia. There are the same melodic vocal lines and lots of backing vocals arranged in an interesting way. The only big difference is that Ferris Mudd are more mellow. There aren't any of those ferocious, almost metal moments that Steven Wilson and his gang have been providing us with over the last three albums. Ferris Mudd have their shortcomings but all in all they're a decent enough band and they have good prospects for the future, If they can build on the solid foundation they set up with their debut, I'm sure they can do something more exciting and original in the future. Track Listing 1) Time To Fly 2) The Move 3) Over Your Head 4) Anyway 5) Unrapped 6) End Of Day 7) Call It Your Own 8) You're Alone
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Fragile
Alumni-Admin

Beitrag von Fragile »

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild
He's seen too much of life,
and there's no going back...

Roland
Keymember

Beitrag von Roland »

Das geht eigentlich nur als LP, sonst kann man nichts mehr erkennen. :(

Bild

Fish - Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors

Fragile
Alumni-Admin

Beitrag von Fragile »

Roland hat geschrieben:Das geht eigentlich nur als LP, sonst kann man nichts mehr erkennen. :(

Fish - Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors[/b]
Genau wie das hier:

Bild
He's seen too much of life,
and there's no going back...

Aprilfrost
Keymaster

Beitrag von Aprilfrost »

Unglaublich. Das Jahr ist fast um, und ich habe in diesem Thread noch keinen Beitrag gepostet. Das ändert sich nun. Ich habe sehr viele Lieblingscover, werde mich aber auf fünf beschränken, die ich immer schon gut fand.

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

Aber wenn ich ehrlich bin, kann ich mich unter den vielen gar nicht entscheiden. Es hätten auch fünf andere sein können. Naja, diese mag ich jedenfalls auch.

Roland
Keymember

Beitrag von Roland »

Geht aber nur als LP:

Bild

Mit dieser Platte wurde ich 1977 Eloy-Fan und es hält bis heute an. Wenn ich das Cover sehe macht mein Herz einen Schlag mehr....
Antworten

Zurück zu „Ewige Listen“